What is this group?
This is a non-pharmacologic (non-drug) behavioral treatment designed to help people with a variety of sleep problems. People who enroll in this form of treatment may have trouble with falling asleep, staying asleep, waking up too early, or some other problem related to sleep quality or time.
Who is Dr. Ashley Mason?
Ashley Mason, Ph.D., is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PSY 26991) in the State of California and an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the UCSF Department of Psychiatry and the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine. Dr. Mason completed her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the University of Arizona, where she learned the nuts and bolts, as well as the full administration, of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) from its creator, the late Dr. Richard (Dick) Bootzin. Dr. Mason completed her residency in Behavioral Medicine at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and the Stanford Center for Excellence in 2013 before joining UCSF as a research fellow. Since becoming an Assistant Professor in the fall of 2016, Dr. Mason has resumed select clinical work – specifically, clinical work related to the treatment of sleep problems.
How does this group work?
There are three types of visits that you will complete related to this group:
- One in-person individual intake with Dr. Mason at about a week or so before the first group session
- Five weekly group sessions with Dr. Mason and other group members
- One in-person individual session with Dr. Mason after the final group session
How much does it cost?
- Please see the insurance page for how to work with your insurance to verify coverage.
- The Osher Center has a discounted self-pay program. If you wish to pay out of pocket, email Osher.email@example.com and they will assist.
What is required to be in this group?
- You need a diagnosis of Primary Insomnia from your primary care or other physician. This is ICD Code F51.01.
When are upcoming group cycles?
- Mondays April 22 through May 20, 2019 – FULL
- Tuesdays June 11 through July 9, 2019
- Tuesdays July 30 through August 27, 2019
- Tuesdays October 1 through October 29, 2019
Are additional follow-up “booster” sessions available if I want to work on my CBT skills or want additional help?
- Yes. If you have completed CBT-I with Dr. Mason, and would like to schedule an individual booster session with Dr. Mason, please email her directly at the email address listed below.
- Please see the insurance information page for coverage information.
How do I get started?
Send an email to Osher.firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.